Isolated RS232 / 422 / 485 Serial Signal
The CM-422485DB-i2 Isolated USB to 2-Port serial interface adapter features 2.5kV isolation to ensure 2 serial devices by DB-9 port connected require long range or multi-drop capabilities won’t be damaged between the PC and serial applications. All configuration and electrical interface selections are handled through the driver, eliminating the need to open the enclosure to set jumpers or switches.
The serial port is software configurable for RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 with the electrical interface settings maintained locally, allowing the host computer to be repaired or upgraded without reconfiguring the serial port. Additionally, the isolated adapter can be configured at one computer and deployed to other computers.
Serial Adapter Features
- Full compliance with the USB Specification 2.0 & 1.1
- Enables to configure RS-232 / RS-422 / RS-485 ( Echo mode / Bias resister / Terminal resister ) thru application programmer of Windows OS.
- Supports 2.5kV Isolation
- Data transfer rate up to 230 kbps ( RS-232 ) ~ 3 M Baud Rate ( RS-422 or RS-485 )
- Supports ±15kV (air), ±8kV (contact) ESD protection; Isolated ground loops
- Supports 40A (5/50ns) & Peak Pulse Power 250 W ( 8/20 us ) Surge and Transient spikes protection
- Compatible with Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 or higher, Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2008R2 / 2012 / 2012R2, Win CE and Mac OS 8.6, Linux 1.5.0 or higher
- Rugged & cambered shape’s Aluminum shell and wall mountable